Mission Statement

We, the parish family of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church of the Archdiocese of San Antonio, exist to love God and one another, to grow in our personal relationships and in our Lord, and to strengthen our community through prayer and worship.

We strive to be a living and growing community of support and service formed by the Gospel. In our lives we try to live out these Gospel values in our Catholic heritage and pass them on to the upcoming generations. In the spirit of Jesus, we try to reach out to those among us who are in need of our support and care within our parish and beyond. By virtue of our baptism, each member is called to share in the work of witnessing to the Lord`s call to be of service to others.


Pastor-Rev. Jesus Camacho

Deacon-Marcus Salazar

Deacon-Roberto Villarreal 

Dir. of Religious Ed./Secretary - Rebecca Ramirez

Bookkeeper/Secretary - Melissa Alcala

Custodial Services - Agustin Tovar

Parish History

The history of the parish precedes the founding of the ciity of Pearsall.  The city of Pearsall was platted in 1882 but prior to that priests from San Antonio would ride out to Frio Town and Waggoner's Well to minister the Tejanos living in the area.  After the founding of the city of Pearsall priests from San Antonio would celebrate Mass in the homes of Tejanos living in Pearall until in 1891 a priest had the first church built for the Catholic community of Pearsall.  The name of the church was Our Lady of Guadalupe and mysteriously caught fire in the early 1900s.  A decade later Claretian Missionary Fathers ministered to the Catholics of Pearsall and establsihed a sodality that is still active today, El Corazon de Maria. The Claretians were followed by diocesan priests until 1925 when Discalced Carmelite Fathers, who were exiled from Mexican by the Calles government, were given sanctuary by the bishop of San Antonio and granted the parishes of Peasall, Big Foot, and Dilley.  The Discalced Carmelite Fathers ministered to the Catholics of Pearsall until the late 1970s.  During their time here, they built a brick church in 1927 that precedes the construction of their basilica in San Antonio and they built a second church in 1965 that is used today for worship. The Discalced Carmelite Fathers also establsihed a Cahtolic school that served the Tejano Catholics until the 1940s and a Confraternity of the Brown Scapular that is still active today.